Article / How to Stay Competitive in the Chiropractic Community
How to Stay Competitive in the Chiropractic Community
The chiropractic industry has seen a surge of enthusiasm by patients who are embracing alternative therapies and seeking different methods to manage pain without the use of pharmaceuticals. Because of that, chiropractic clinics are more common than ever in city centres and small towns alike. It?s not unusual to find two or three chiropractic clinics within a close distance to each other. So how can chiropractors beat out the competition and gain loyal patients without low-balling their fees? Here are a few suggestions, courtesy of Atlas chiropractic software.
Spruce up the Place
Sometimes, customer loyalty has nothing to do with the quality of your practice but how your clinic looks. Depending on how you look at it, that can be a good thing or a bad thing. We happen to think it?s a good thing because clinic aesthetics is something you can easily change. You can hire an interior decorator to spruce up and modernize your waiting and exam rooms, or you can do it yourself. Sometimes, all you need a fresh coat of bright paint, a few modern pictures, and updated chairs. You don?t have to dress your clinic up like a luxury spa to create the wow factor either. According to this website, clients don?t want that much from a waiting room, except for:
- Comfortable seating
- Something to distract them
- Complimentary snacks, coffee, tea
- Helpful signage
Adding soft little touches to your waiting room will instantly make your guests feel welcome. A bright orchid, warm lighting, air-purifying plants, and a welcoming reception desk (and receptionist), will do the trick. If you ask that patients leave their boots at the door in the winter, provide them with spa slippers.
Do a Little Market Research
What other services can your clinic offer? Are there other multidisciplinary clinics in your area? Many holistic health practitioners combine forces to be more attractive to their clients and future clients. Offering the community a little variety in the type of amenities they can receive under one roof might just make you the central hub of holistic health practices. Before you put up ?For Rent? sign in one of your exam room windows, go out into the neighbourhood and find out what?s missing? Take a look at your competitors, and ask these questions:
- What are they offering that?s different?
- What health services do they provide?
- What services are missing in the area?
Depending on the size of your city or town, you might not have to look far before you realize what health service you can bring into your clinic. Common health and medical fields that partner with chiropractic businesses include:
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (i.e. acupuncture)
- Registered Massage Therapy
- Sports Therapy
Consider Value Add-Ons
Bringing in value-added services that clients expect to find in a sterile and professional environment is a great way to boost your profits and beat out the competition. Many clinics offer minor cosmetic services like Botox, facials, collagen injections, and even spa treatments. If you don?t like the idea of going as far as Botox injections, there are many other perks you can offer that make your chiropractic clinic stand out, such as:
- Storefront. Give your clients something to browse through as they wait for their appointment. Sell products that complement your clinic, like compression socks, essential oils, kinesiology tape, herbal remedies, and nutritional supplements.
- Complimentary drinks. Offering your clients more than just water gives them exactly what the modern consumer is looking for these days: variety. Focus on healthy beverages, such as herbal teas, kombucha teas, and fruit-infused water.
- Digital Access. Despite everything you offer your patients, you?re still competing against their overwhelming desire to check their phone every five seconds. You can help them in out in a big way by setting up charging stations in your waiting rooms. You can even offer iPads with your clinic?s digital channel already preloaded on them. Offering free Wi-Fi shows a level of care and commitment to your patients.
Having an edge in this industry means never resting on your laurels. If you stay too comfortable, your practice could start looking outdated, tired, and boring. If you want to be better than the competition, you must embrace innovation. A huge part of embracing change is switching your manual filing and administration systems into a single software that benefits both you and your patients.
That?s where Atlas chiropractic software comes in. We help chiropractic clinics seamlessly switch from old and time-consuming operational practices into one seamless system that does all the hard work for you. The key features of our chiropractic software improve your clinic?s efficiency and allow you to run your practice as smoothly as possible:
- Email or text message reminders: Eliminate lengthy appointment-reminder calls with a simple text message or email reminders that patients appreciate a lot more than a phone call.
- Health articles. Empower your patients with constant access to health articles related to their condition, which will allow them to stay on top of their condition.
- Office calling system. Patients will know exactly where to go when you direct them with your calling system. Utilize our helpful display and audio feature to ensure your patients don?t miss their name.
- Computer questionnaire. Help your patients help you by letting them fill out their subjective questionnaire that allows them to review and edit before posting to their patient notes.
Get in Touch with Atlas Chiropractic!
Staying ahead of the competition isn?t just about looking for the next best thing to wow them. It?s also about offering a caring and compassionate practice that makes every patient feel like an individual. Are you interested in transitioning your clinic to a streamlined digital solution that improves efficiency and allows you to focus on your practice? Book a demo with us to find out how Atlas can transform your daily operations or call us today at 1 (877) 602-8527.